WHY USE US:
· From the Buyer side, the industry average is only 3% of all potential buyers succeed in buying a company within the first year and only 5% eventually buy. We have done significantly more Buyer side acquisition work (valuation, due diligence, financing) than any business broker firm in Georgia.
· The business broker industry sells, on average, 25% to 33% of their client companies.
We provide a much higher level of service than most business brokers (who only get paid if a deal happens). By providing services on a hourly basis, we can help with the help you need. For example:
If you may not be interested in selling for a few years, but, want to increase your business's valuation, we can help.
If you want to sell now, but the price and terms are not right with a particular buyer, we will recommend against the deal. (A broker only getting paid on a sale has the incentive to recommend acceptance of the deal.)
If you are thinking of buying a business, we will tell you not buy a business if the price is too high. If we find negative due diligence items, we will recommend that either the price be reduced or you not buy the business. (A broker only getting paid on an acquisition has an incentive to recommend that you buy the business even if you should not.
Business Development Solutions (BDS) involves ourselves in business acquisition and sale transactions when we believe we have something unique to contribute.
BDS concentrates on business sale/acquisition transactions:
· Requiring more financial and strategic advice and transaction management assistance than normally offered by business brokers.
We Add Value
· We can assist our clients along every step of the business sale/acquisition process until the transaction is complete. The number of hours of our assistance is completely up to the client.
· We try to understand a client's objectives, resources, and limits for a transaction and before recommending one. If a transaction is not in the client's best interest, we will recommend against it.
· Our "Buyer" clients are not limited to a small number of active sellers "listed for sale". We help clients buy business owners who are interested in selling their business, but are not actively looking to sell.
We Look Out for Our Clients
· We represent our clients and look out for our client's best interests - always.
· We will work with "Buyer" clients help evaluate businesses that they are looking at.
· For business owners thinking of selling their business. We can prepare a professional "Confidential Business Review" that is the quality of Business Reviews prepared by major investment bankers.
Post Acquisition Service
· Using the conventional approach to buying a business, 85% of acquisitions do not meet the original goals of the Buyer. We provide "post-deal" acquisition integration. We can coordinate & oversee the many financial issues after our client has acquired a business. During the due diligence investigation, we understand the financial aspects of a business as well as or better than many clients do.
· We provide consulting services based on an hourly fee so that our advise is not biased on a deal happening, instead, our advise is always to help the client do the best thing.
· Carolina Virginia Business Brokers Association -Member since 2011- Board of Directors: 2015 - 2017
· International Business Broker Association - IBBA University - Being a member of the International Business Broker Association since 1997, which is the educational association for Business Intermediaries, I have completed all of the course work applicable to the acquisition/sale of upper "Main Street" businesses as well as "Lower Middle Market" mergers & acquisitions. . . generally companies valued from $500,000 to over $20 million.
· Mergers & Acquisition Source (for brokers that are deal makers for larger businesses) – member since 1997
· Georgia Lenders Quality Circle - Southeast Small Business Lenders Association (for SBA Lenders)
· Georgia Association of Business Brokers – member 1994 to 2010 - Past Instructor at meetings - Newsletter editor for five years.
· Network for Business Angels and Investors (group of investors who generally buy less than majority interest in privately held businesses with good growth potential) – member 1995 to 2005 - Newsletter editor of "The Venture Capitalist" for four years.
Business Development Solutions (BDS) was started in 1992. Jay Whitney, President, has an MBA from Georgia State University and has successfully completed the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Examination. Jay Whitney has been an adjunct professor of Entrepreneurship at Reinhardt College and has taught classes in entrepreneurship at Kennesaw State University. His experience includes three years as the interim Chief Financial Officer for a national franchisor where he helped prepare business plans for fifteen new franchisees requiring financing in its franchise system. Prior to starting BDS, he worked in financial management in the office furniture distribution, food service, soft drink franchising, and candy/snack food manufacturing businesses.
He has published articles on in the North Fulton Chamber of Commerce Newspaper, the International Business Brokers Association newsletter, and the Atlanta Business Chronicle.